Individuals requesting a LoboCard must stand for a picture at the time of issuance or submit a photo through the online photo submission portal. Photos cannot be transferred from an existing record to a new record in the case of a replacement card.
Photo requirements include:
- The head must face the camera directly with full face in view and head not tilted. A neutral facial expression or natural smile, with both eyes open
- Photo must be taken against a plain, light background
- No dark glasses
- No hat or head covering unless worn for religious purposes
- If a religion requiring headgear is not widely recognized, please submit a signed statement from a local religious leader (on appropriate letterhead) that verifies that the hat or head covering in the photo is part of traditional attire that is customarily or required to be worn continuously in public
- If a hat or head covering is for medical purposes, please work with UNM's Accessibility Resource Center to submit a signed doctor's statement verifying the hat or head covering in your photo is used daily for medical purposes
- The full face must be visible and the hat or head covering cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on the face
- Headphones or wireless hands-free devices may not be worn
These requirements are taken from the US State Department's requirements for passport photos.