LoboCash Terms & Conditions
- This contract is executed between the Cardholder and University of New Mexico Auxiliary Services (UNM). This contract pertains to the creation of a LoboCard spending account (LoboCash), which is an option available to students, employees, faculty, and staff of UNM and other individuals designated by UNM. "Dining Dollars" are covered under the resident meal plan agreement and are separate from this agreement.
- The term of this contract begins when an initial deposit is made to the LoboCard LoboCash account and ends when the Cardholder graduates or withdraws from the University (students), terminates employment (faculty/staff/employees), or the Cardholder’s LoboCard expires (other individuals/guests). By depositing funds in the LoboCash account the Cardholder acknowledges receiving and agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- The LoboCard LoboCash account is a record of pre-deposited funds accessed for the purpose of purchasing products and services at UNM.
- The LoboCash account shall be activated by the LoboCard Office upon proper verification of University status (Enrolled Student, Faculty/Staff, Alumnus, Board of Regents, Retirees, Guest) and an initial minimum deposit of ten U.S. dollars (US $10.00). Deposits may be made: (1) in person at the LoboCard Office and the UNM Bookstores with cash, check, money order, or credit card; (2) by mail with a check, money order, or credit card; (3) by telephone with a credit card only (with a $5 convenience fee charged); or, (4) online with a credit card. The University accepts all major credit cards. All deposits received by mail will be credited to the LoboCash account no later than 2:00 p.m. on the second business day after receipt.
- After initial activation, additional deposits may be made at any time in the amount of ten U.S. dollar (US $10.00) or more via the preceding methods.
- There is no daily limit on the number of purchases that may be made and debited; however, no debits or charges shall exceed the amount of available funds deposited on the LoboCash account. There is a daily limit of $20 at vending locations in order to protect the Cardholder from fraudulent uses of a lost card. UNM reserves the right to set new or adjusted spending limits.
- Any transaction(s) processed during an off-line mode will be charged to the account and will be updated upon reinstatement of the system. If this results in a negative account balance, the Cardholder will need to make a deposit to the LoboCash account and the negative balance must be satisfied before other transactions will be processed.
- A printed receipt will be available upon request from any location that utilizes a cash register. No receipt will be available from vending locations.
- No interest shall be paid on any balance in the LoboCash account.
- The Cardholder understands and agrees that the LoboCash account shall not be used as a credit card or to obtain cash advances. Any credit resulting from the return of merchandise will be re-deposited to the LoboCash account.
- The Cardholder understands and agrees that the LoboCash account is non-transferable. Additional identification may be required to ensure that only the Cardholder uses the account. The Cardholder may be required to sign a receipt for goods or services. The University may require a second form of identification.
- The Cardholder’s LoboCard will be the access device for LoboCash. The card must be presented at the time of purchase and shall be the only means of accessing the Cardholder’s account. The LoboCash account is closed at the end of this contract. Refunds on closed accounts will be made at the full value of the unused balance except that no refunds will be made for balances less than $10.00. Refund requests can be made in person or in writing to the LoboCard Office. Refunds will be credited to the cardholder’s Bursar’s Account within 72 hours. All debts on the Cardholder’s Bursar’s Account must be satisfied before a refund check is processed. Negative LoboCash account balances will also be charged to the Cardholder’s Bursar’s Account (students/employees) or billed directly to the Cardholder at their last known address. The LoboCard Office reserves the right to charge a service fee for refund requests. The LoboCard Office reserves the right to close any LoboCash account that has been inactive for a period of twelve (12) months and no refund will be available after that time.
- UNM reserves the right to determine hours of operation and pricing for the goods and services available for purchase with the LoboCash account.
- A fee will be charged for replacement of damaged, lost, or stolen cards.
- The Cardholder will be responsible for any "insufficient funds" deposits made to their LoboCash account. The total amount of the deposit will be charged to the Cardholder's Bursar's Account or last known address.
- A fee will be charged for checks returned due to insufficient funds. This fee will be charged to the Cardholder’s Bursar’s Account or last known address.
- If your card is lost or stolen, you must notify the LoboCard Office immediately via website or email to email@example.com to suspend activity on the LoboCash account.
- The address and telephone number for the LoboCard Office are as follows:
University of New Mexico
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
University of New Mexico
Student Union Building
Plaza Level #1067
505-277-9970 (with a $5 convenience fee)
- A statement of account shall be generated upon request to the LoboCard Office. No statement will be regularly generated. If there is an error on a receipt or activity statement, or if the Cardholder would like more information about specific transactions, the Cardholder should contact the LoboCard Office within forty-five (45) days in person or in writing of noticing the error. The LoboCard Office will conduct a thorough investigation of the request and provide a written report within twenty (20) business days. If the error is validated, the LoboCard Office will make the necessary adjustments.
Upon separation from the University, patrons may request a refund of LoboCash balances of greater than $10. Please click here to submit a LoboCash refund request form. Please complete the form and submit it to the LoboCard Office. LoboCard office staff will need to be able to confirm separation from the University before refund requests will be approved.